Thursday, October 7, 2010

Brainstorming about Technology

Tool-(Dictionary) device or implement. (Thesaurus) instrument used to shape, form, finish.
Technology-(Dictionary) the application of scientific knowledge for practical purpose. (Thesaurus) electronics, science.
Cyborg-(Dictionary) a fictional or hypothetical person whose physical abilities are extended beyond normal human limitations by mechanical elements built into the body. (Thesaurus) robot.

      The words Tool, Technology, and Cyborg are similar in a way, they all have similar definition which brings them to science and knowledge. People need Tools to become more advanced in their studies. With the right tools the Technology will improve and evolve. And Cyborg is just a fantasy that was made with the tools and high advanced technology.
      Everyday I use some kind of technological device that improve my life:
  • Alarm clock
  • Cell Phone
  • Computer
  • Internet
  • Metro Card
  • Kindle
  • Ipod
  • Television
  • Credit Card
      I wake up by the clock that is set in my cell phone, to get me up at a reasonable time. Before leaving my house I need to check my e-mail and the weather channel, my school is too far to walk, so I take the subway or the bus. While I'm riding the bus, I listen to an Ipod to shut of the noises from the street and read books on my eBook, which helps me avoid the bored, sleepy stares on my way to the destination. I don't usually carry money around, it just doesn't stay in my wallet for long, that's why I rather pay with the credit card. When I get home from school, I watch TV and usually do my homework on my laptop, internet  is the best human invention ever, you can find all types of information and gossip. If right now, someone would tell me to lead a life without those electronic devices, my life would be.... miserable.
     

No comments:

Post a Comment