Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Blog 18

Summary: In the article, "The $2 camisole: How cheap is ruining our lives",by Mary Elizabeth Williams she talks about cheap prices and their quality. Black Friday is an oppertunity to buy stuff for an incredible low price. According to her, people have a mania to spent money on low cost supplies. Buying them for low prices can bounce off on the quality of the product. But some stores put a higher price on a low quality items. It seems the cheaper the product, the worse quality it is, but not everyone can afford a really expencive pair of glasses. The cheap quality makes us buy more and also spent more, because our stuff breaks easily.

Thesis: I agree with the author because I'm tired of throwing out my stuff after it breaks 2-3 weeks after the purchase.

Reason 1:The quality of the product is bad
Example: I bought a piece of jewlery from a tattoo shop, I payed a nice price for it, and it looked solid. Month later, I lost a piece at work.

Reason 2:Problems with phones
Example: My phone is not even a year old and it gets stuck. The sales person guaranteed the best service for a low price. Well the price that I payed, I have the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment